Sunday, May 14, 2006

MY SILLY SONG

I had to do a poem for English class so I made it into a song. I didn't know i liked making poems until I had to do them, it's actually fun

~I AM ABLE I AM WILLING~
I am able I am willing.
I wonder how to stop the killing.
I hear the parents crying.
I see their children dying
I want the bullets to cease from killing.
I am able I am willing.
I pretend not to see the bloody stains.
I feel the silence once it drains.
I touch hope to stop the dealing of dope.
I worry about the people who say there’s no hope.
I cry that these people will stop the killing.
I am able I am willing.
I understand the people trying.
I say please stop your crying.
I dream one day that it will cease.
I try to make a bit of peace.
I hope now that you will stop your killing…
I am able I am willing.
James Zegers

57 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, May 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW MAN! How come you never told me you could write poems?

That is like so good man! Keep it up! :-P (Was that actually done by you? :-)

It's not silly btw, that is like wayyy better than anything I could ever do!

 
At 9:30 AM, May 15, 2006, Blogger Manda said...

ya man that is good u never told me u wrote that poem

it is good though

 
At 9:47 AM, May 15, 2006, Blogger Janelle said...

clapping!!!!!!!!!

that is good!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep it up:)

 
At 11:37 AM, May 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is very good...I think you're the only guy I know who can write poems :-)

 
At 12:03 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger James Zegers said...

thanx guys your're all great, it took me about ten minutes to do that. It's easy you just have to think of stuff that rymes!

 
At 12:08 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

lol!

yeah you are the only guy I know that can write poems!

well unless all you other guys can and I just have never seen them...

 
At 6:26 PM, May 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I've only written one poem in my whole life, and it's not really worthy to be called a poem :-)

 
At 6:38 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

lol whatever...mine aren't worthy of being called 'poems' either.

:-P

 
At 8:25 AM, May 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belive me, yours are good...way better than mine was.

 
At 9:20 AM, May 16, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

Okay, I will belive you. :-D lol

Well I didn't read yours so I can't agree or disagree with you. :-) Maybe you should post it. :-)

 
At 9:33 AM, May 16, 2006, Blogger James Zegers said...

ya andrew you should post it man

 
At 10:00 AM, May 16, 2006, Blogger Manda said...

ya andrew post it lol

we all want to see it lol

 
At 10:34 AM, May 16, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

Hey btw, you are bad James! You weren't supposed to REVAMP MY LINK!

:-P

Yeah Andrew...you really should post it. :-)

 
At 10:42 PM, May 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol post it where??

 
At 9:49 AM, May 17, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

I dunno...like wherever...

 
At 12:51 PM, May 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, wherever..how specific :-)

Belive me, it's only like 7 lines long, and it's one of those free-verse or whatever you call them...it doesn't rhyme. It's really not worth posting :-)

 
At 1:18 PM, May 17, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

lol I told you I do belive you ;-P

Okay,...just post it on here!

Or there's the option of getting a blog and posting it there too eh?

:-)

 
At 1:37 PM, May 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnne, here you guys go :-)


THE FISHING POND

A stick in my hand

I bait my hook

Lower the line

Waiting

Hoping

Then suddenly

A tug

A snap

A splash

And I am left

All alone

With a stick

In my hand.




See, I told you it wasn't worth posting :-P

 
At 2:14 PM, May 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol you're funny :-P

It was too worth posting! It's }<()()|_, at least I think so.

 
At 2:29 PM, May 17, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

Oh, and keep it up Andrew!

:-)

 
At 5:21 PM, May 17, 2006, Blogger Janelle said...

lol, very good andrew!!!

i agree, it was worth posting:)

 
At 9:55 PM, May 17, 2006, Blogger Heidi said...

That is awesome Andrew!!!!!!!

and yours is really good too James, aren't you glad it's not up to us eh? wow... that would jsut be plain scary. no wonder people commit suicide.

Those are both awesome poems.

 
At 9:12 AM, May 18, 2006, Blogger Manda said...

wow andrew what an amazing poem lol

i don't think i could do on ethat good lol

 
At 12:03 PM, May 18, 2006, Blogger James Zegers said...

wow Andrew good poem, when did you write that?
and Melissa I'm sorry I added your link to my blog I didn't know that I wasn't allowed to.

oh and thanx Heidi, changing the world isn't up to use to do but we can help!!

 
At 1:23 PM, May 18, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

It's okay man.

Yeah when I sent out my new add. again I asked those who had me linked not to revamp it for a while, but oh well.

I'll probably change it again anyways...

 
At 1:27 PM, May 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm, I wrote it a few years ago james.

 
At 10:07 AM, May 19, 2006, Blogger ~Marie~ said...

Awesome poem James!! You and Melissa should get together and write some music for your poems!! And then release a CD!! Now I'll be expecting at least one poem a month, especially if it only takes ten minutes to do it!

And Andrew....wow that was so profound!! It took my breath away!! You are so good!!!!!!!! I bet if you published them you would become famous.

 
At 11:59 AM, May 19, 2006, Blogger James Zegers said...

thanx Marie, I'll try to keep up with ur high demand.
AND WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!1

 
At 2:47 PM, May 19, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

Say whaaaa?

us...a cd?

That's absurd!

I can't even write lyrics, let alone make up a tune that goes with it!

lol

 
At 4:40 PM, May 20, 2006, Blogger ~Marie~ said...

hey a song can't be that hard...at least i don't think so. all you have to do is write a nice poem and write music for it. that's basically all a song is. you guys should really go for it!!
i'll make your labels and cd covers and such things. we could get a buisness going!

 
At 10:09 PM, May 22, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

You should post about this weekend James. :-P

I wish I coulda gone :-P

 
At 10:10 PM, May 22, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

And sure Marie, I guess I'll take you up on the offer. :)

However...the cd will only be sold in countries across the ocean. :-)

 
At 6:25 PM, May 23, 2006, Blogger Heidi said...

right... but of course you'll give the rest of us autographed copies right??

:-)

 
At 7:09 PM, May 23, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

Ummm sorry to disappiont you, but if I have any say... :-) I'll give you my autograph though! lol

You first have to give us a copy of yours okay? :-) We'll come to some sort of an agreement. As for the rest of you...well I'm not sure that any of you would want to hear it. :)

I don't know. it really would be cool to make up a song. We have to get together sometime James and Amanda. And Heidi...we still have to figure out when we're gonna do that eh??

 
At 3:53 PM, May 24, 2006, Blogger Lizzi said...

Eh can't wait to hear it with music!

Oh & Andrew those kind of poems are so cool!
I love writing them... they're pretty weird.

 
At 3:53 PM, May 24, 2006, Blogger Lizzi said...

sorry that sounds weird my brain's a little fuzzy

 
At 9:57 PM, May 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

new post! :-)

 
At 6:48 PM, May 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder who that was :P

 
At 8:40 PM, May 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah me too :P

 
At 8:57 PM, May 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so if you're wondering who you are, then think we're all in trouble :-)

Do you know who this is, just out of curiosity?

 
At 9:30 PM, May 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know eh?

And yes, I do know who you are. :-)

 
At 12:14 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

It was you Andrew, right?

 
At 2:08 PM, May 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep :-)

 
At 2:32 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

how did I guess...;-P

 
At 11:55 AM, May 29, 2006, Blogger James Zegers said...

melissa, what weekend do you mean? the cottage weekend?

 
At 11:56 AM, May 29, 2006, Blogger James Zegers said...

oh June 11 likely works for me to get together if you guys want to!!!!!!!

 
At 1:22 PM, May 29, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

June 11...okay I think that works for me. We'll have to talk to Heidi and Liz though...

And yes, I did mean the cottage weekend. You should post some pictures.

Oh, and if Amanda doesn't e-mail the picts of albs car to me, wouldjah mind to? I really want to post them...

 
At 11:57 AM, May 31, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

J-a-m-e-s where are you man?

We should play paintball soon...

 
At 12:01 PM, May 31, 2006, Blogger James Zegers said...

ok I'm back
I'll try to post the weekend at the cottage.
And I'll tell Amanda to send ya those pics.
oh and Jeff sais that June 11 doesn't work for him now because Yvonne is coming to my house now GRRRRRRRRRR!

 
At 12:16 PM, May 31, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

Well...I think that my niece is gonna be baptized on the 11th so that probly wouldn't work out anyways.

Btw, I called her 'my niece' 'cause I don't even know right off how to spell her name. It's kinda weird...

 
At 8:13 PM, May 31, 2006, Blogger ~Marie~ said...

Post on the cottage!!

DId I tell you that my hair bleached from the shvaing cream?? It takes a few days for it to work!! Now I have highlights!!

 
At 9:04 PM, May 31, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

Awesome! Maybe I should do that to mine... ;-P

Meh...too bad we didn't use Ben's coloured hairspray man, that would have been fun!!!

 
At 7:56 AM, June 01, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

Yo, I finally bought new wires for the guitar. ;-P

It's fixed now, but way outa tune. And I'm not tuning it this time. :-D

 
At 9:09 AM, June 01, 2006, Blogger qwerty_k89 said...

WoW love it

 
At 12:08 PM, June 01, 2006, Blogger James Zegers said...

Marie, I'm soooooooooo sorry. I hope your not mad at me. Besides I bet you look good with a few Highlights LOL

 
At 12:16 PM, June 01, 2006, Blogger Mel said...

Oh, she looks totally splendiferous.

 
At 8:09 PM, July 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home