Friday, February 23, 2007

My Dream Jobs


Ever Since I was a kid I always wanted to join the Army in the Mechanised Division, using the 50. Cal machine gun like my cousin.

My first real job was with my Uncle Martin doing construction which I have a passion for. I will be going to college next year for Carpentry!

Two years ago I got my diving license I thought that I would go into that line of work. As it turns out it is really hard to get a job in that line of work because lots of ppl want to do it.
My next interest was to become a cop. But being a cop today is much different then it use to be. The paper work is crazy, and ppl want to shoot you.


I really thought about getting my pilots license and flying doing mission work like MAF, which takes kids to school, and drop off food.


Next thing was Coast Guard Rescue Diving, which is jumping out of helicopters and saving ppl off of sinking boats, or ppl who are stranded.
I would've really enjoyed it but I got thinking ahead about if/when I get married. Family life to me is very important, I wan't my kids to know who I am, and I wan't to know my kids. So that put the dream in the ground.



The career that I choosen to pursue over the next couple of years is Firefighting.
It is an expensive course to take, but the job itself is pretty cool. Most Firefighters have 1 week at work, then 1 week off. That way I can still have a small carpentry business on the side like other Firefighters my Dad knows.

They also have a lot of fun at the station, they do a lot of pranks, which I like,and they have a gym in most stations.



My Dad gave me the idea because he knows I like risks, and action jobs (I've been a dare devil since I was kid).
So once I get my carpenters license I can start the courses for firefighting.
I'll have to take some night classes before that in biology, and chemistry which I love.
Only God know what my future holds, put it's still good to plan ahead!!!!


10 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, February 23, 2007, Blogger Mel said...

You're so lucky that you have an idea of what you want to do!

I hope all goes well for yah. And about firefighting...I seriously thought you were joking! Don't do it. :-P Watch Ladder 49 first...

 
At 1:31 PM, February 24, 2007, Blogger James Zegers said...

I did watch it.

But being a carpenter is more dangerous then a firefighter. Accidents can happen with any job.

 
At 5:39 PM, February 24, 2007, Blogger Mel said...

yeah man but certain jobs are a lot more risky than others. stick to carpentry man. maybe i'll come work for yah.

 
At 8:07 PM, February 24, 2007, Blogger Janelle said...

yea wish i know what i wanted to do!!

wow.........dare devil or what!!!

that is soo awesome tho and a fire fighter would be soo cool i would luv to do that to but i am not sure i am cut out for it and my mom would hate it, since she freeks out if we're even out late!


anyways hope what every u decide to do works out for u and that God will keep u save cuz they all look kinda dangerous!

 
At 8:16 PM, February 24, 2007, Blogger Heidi said...

that was an interesting post!

yeah God's in control no matter what job you have...

 
At 3:05 PM, February 25, 2007, Blogger James Zegers said...

Thanks Janelle,

I just have to wait and see what happens. When I go to college for carpentry it will give me time to think if firefighting is right for me.

And Melissa, I would hire you anyday!!

 
At 2:55 PM, March 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting post.
Firefighting looks cool, but a little scary.

I think it would be cool to be a pilot. Not commercial, though.
I know of two people who tried commercial but they could'nt get any jobs that you don't have two fly on sunday.

 
At 8:18 AM, March 08, 2007, Blogger Mel said...

Wicked, so I don't have to worry about getting fired eh? I can always rely on you for a job?

Sickness! :-)

 
At 2:40 PM, March 21, 2007, Blogger Mark <> said...

Yo, you need a new post!!!'

maybe one on SV?
I now a lot of people have but it's always interesting to see it from other ppl's point of view.

BTW I have a blog if you want to check it out.

 
At 2:52 PM, March 21, 2007, Blogger Mark <> said...

oh ya i should probly tell you the address :)

It's kramberry@blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home